Lodging in Durham
Durham offers over 60 diverse lodging options. These include downtown hotels close to the city’s center, more rustic bed and breakfasts, and everything in between. Commencement Weekend 2018 is May 11 – 13. We strongly recommend making reservations well in advance. Room rates often differ over commencement weekend, and many hotels require three-night minimum reservations.
The Durham Convention and Visitors’ Bureau (at 800-446-8604) is a valuable resource for finding lodging in Durham. To find lodging options near Duke’s campus, filter by the following regions:
Downtown Durham is a historic and vibrant area with many restaurant and entertainment options including the Durham Bulls and the Durham Performing Arts Center.
W Central Durham, including Duke
West Central Durham includes the university as well as the surrounding areas including Old West Durham neighborhoods like Trinity Park. Ninth Street and surrounding shopping streets offer many local retail and coffee shops and Durham resturants.
SW Durham, including Southpoint
SE Durham, including RTP and NCCU
Research Triangle Park is one of the largest research parks in the United States. It is home to over 200 companies and is a leader in scientific research. The RTP district is located in Durham and is approximately equidistant between Raleigh and Chapel Hill.
Between Duke and RDU Airport
- Cambria Suites – (919) 361-3311
- Comfort Inn RTP – (919) 361-2656
- Courtyard Marriott Durham Research Triangle Park – (919) 484-2900 or (888) 236-2427
- Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Durham Airport – (919) 380-1221
- Sheraton Imperial Hotel & Convention Center – (919) 941-5050 or (888) 236-2427
- Marriott at Research Triangle Park – (919) 941-6200
- SpringHill Suites (Marriott) Raleigh-Durham Airport/RTP – (919) 998-9500 or (888) 236-2427
- Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Durham/Research Triangle Park – (919) 941-6066
- Tru by Hilton Raleigh-Durham Airport – (919) 813-7129
Hotels Near Duke
- 21 C Museum Hotel is a contemporary art museum in downtown Durham that doubles a hotel.
- The Durham Hotel opened in July 2015. It is in a converted historic Durham building in the heart of downtown.
- Aloft Durham Downtown is a modern hotel that opened September 2015. It is located downtown next to the Durham Performing Arts Center.
- Residence Inn: Duke University Medical Center opened in the summer of 2015 and is directly next to Duke East Campus.
- JB Duke Hotel opened in 2016 and is located on Duke’s West Campus.
- The Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club accepts accommodation request forms beginning in January of the year prior to commencement.
The town of Chapel Hill offers more nearby lodging, dining and attractions that can be explored on their website.